Here you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions by topic.
Your question was not listed?Or maybe you want more detailed information?
Not a problem! Contact us in person, by phone or email – we are here for you!
How can I get a retailer account at FC-Moto?
You will have to be approved by us to open a retailer account with us. We reserve the right to reject the provision of a retailer account in case of lack of industry relevance.
We will need the following information from you for verification purposes:
- Pictures of your store (shop floor and façade)
- Scan of your business registration document
- Tax ID
- Company name
- Name of the managing director or other legal representative
- Delivery address/ billing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Website URL
Please send your information by email to: email@example.com
We will immediately set up a retailer account for our online shop for you, once we have received your complete documentation. You will receive your login information from us in a separate email.
Will I be able to purchase all items at retailer terms?
- A retailer account with us will mean very attractive terms for you. You will be able to purchase many items at significantly reduced prices. The terms depend on the relevant product and are set individually. We can therefore not provide you with a generally applicable calculation factor for all prices in advance.
- Our retail prices are adjusted periodically. The price confirmed at the time of contract conclusion in conjunction with the order confirmation will be the binding price.
I forgot or lost my password.
- Please click “Forgotten password”.
- You will then be forwarded to another page via a link, where you can create a new password.
The order process did not complete successfully – there was some problem with my login information?
- Please make sure that you have entered your email address and password correctly.
- Did you change anything about your customer account lately – maybe your address? Please contact customer service in that case. We will be happy to check your account and get you logged in again
- You can reach us by phone from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 4 pm (CET) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I shop at your store in Würselen with my retailer terms?
- No. The retailer account is applicable for the online shop only.
What is the phone number for customer service and at what times can I reach them?
- You can reach us by phone from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 4 pm (CET) and the number is +49 (0) 2405 / 49 500 50.
- You can, of course, contact us at any time outside business hours via email to email@example.com.
To which email address should I send a written request?
How can I see if a product is in stock and why are there products I cannot select?
- You can see at a glance, which products are available and which are not.
- Once you select a particular size or model, you will see if it is in stock (e.g. “ships in 2-3 days”).
- A crossed out size or model means that the item is out of stock. It can no longer be selected and you can’t click the shopping cart either. A crossed out item means that we will unfortunately not be stocking the product any more in future.
Can I use the FC-Moto logo for advertising purposes?
- No. Using our logo for advertising is expressly forbidden.
- You are not permitted to use our logo or our retailer terms for advertising purposes, even if you maintain a retailer account with us.
- You would otherwise be in breach of our copyrights and business conditions and we reserve the right to block your retailer account immediately.
Which parcel service are you using for shipments?
- We use DHL and UPS as our shipping partners.
- DHL will hand over the parcel to the national mail service of the destination country, who will then be responsible for the final delivery.
- UPS will deliver to the front door in the destination country.
Are the shipping costs included in the price?
For orders with a value of or above €100, we deliver free of charge within Germany.
For all other countries, we charge a basic shipping fee (see list) plus an additional surcharge depending on the number of items ordered (the only exception is Germany. There will be no surcharge added.).
Example: for 2 items – 1x surcharge, for 3 items – 2x surcharge, for 4 items – 3x surcharge, ...
We additionally offer free delivery in some countries for orders above a specific order value. Please see the section “Order information” for more detailed information.
Can I get an express delivery?
- We unfortunately cannot offer express deliveries as a general rule.
How high is the cash on delivery surcharge?
The cash on delivery surcharge is €7.90.
DHL will additionally charge a cash on delivery fee of €2.00.
Can I have a delivery sent to another address than my own?
- No, unfortunately that is not possible.
- All orders must be sent to your registered address directly.
Can I also get part deliveries?
- Yes, that can be done. To countries outside of Europe, however, we will only do part deliveries for order values of €100 or more.
- Part deliveries will not cost you extra.
- The only exception: third party costs for cash on delivery will be €2.00 per delivery, which are charged by DHL directly (this fee is always charged for cash on delivery).
When will I receive my delivery and when will my order be shipped?
- Your order will be made ready to ship as soon as we have received your payment and we have all items for your order in stock.
- We can also offer part deliveries if one or more items are delaying the dispatch ( see also Can I also get part deliveries?). We will notify you by email as soon as your parcel is shipped.
- The overall delivery time depends on the relevant destination country.
- Any items ordered with the payment options cash on delivery, PayPal or credit card will be shipped as soon as possible.
- Shipping time is generally 2-5 days (8-10 days during high season). We will most of the time be faster than that, but there are some factors that we have no influence over, e.g. delivery difficulties of the supplier or once your order is in the hands of the carrier.
Where can I view the status of my order?
- We will keep you up to date on the progress of your order via email.
- For more information about your order, please log in to your customer account.
How can I track my order?
- You will receive a shipping confirmation from us as soon as we have received your payment and the shipment was sent off.
- This email will contain a tracking code with which you can track your order (DHL: http://www.dhl.de/de.html; UPS: https://www.ups.com/content/de/de/index.jsx).
- Please note that it may take a few hours for your tracking code to be registered, as it will only just have been transmitted to the logistics provider when your shipping confirmation email was sent.
Where do I find the tracking number?
- You will find the tracking code in your shipping confirmation email.
- You can also call up your tracking number in your customer account, as soon as it is available.
What happens if I refuse delivery of the parcel?
- We will charge you 5% of the order total + shipping costs for any delivery you refuse to accept.
- Additional fees may be incurred by DHL (around €10-€15), which will also be charged to you.
What happens if a parcel gets lost while it is on its way to me?
- We will in that case place a search enquiry for you with the relevant carrier.
- Please note that it can take around 8 weeks for us to receive a result for that search enquiry.
- You can choose to have your money refunded or have the items shipped again, once we have confirmation that the parcel was lost.
How can I pay for my order?
We offer the following payment options:
1) Credit card: Visa, Mastercard and JCB
3) Cash on delivery (only for Germany and within the EU). Please note the following: Cash on delivery can only be done up to a max. order value of €950 for Italy and €700 in France.
4) Prepayment (EU only)
5) Sofort online bank transfer service (available only for: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Spain, France, Hungary, Italy, Slovakia and UK)
Why doesn’t the discount code work?
- You are already enjoying significantly reduced terms for all our products, which means that unfortunately none of the promotional discounts will apply for you.
- There will be no exceptions to that rule.
When will my credit card be charged?
- If you choose credit card as your payment option, then the payable amount will initially only be reserved on your card.
- The amount will only be deducted, when the shipment is dispatched.
- In case of part deliveries, only the amount corresponding to the actual shipment value will be deducted.
- Please note that some countries offer so-called debit cards for online shopping in addition to regular credit cards. The amount will be debited via your card provider immediately, where a debit card is used for payment.
How can I change the payment type?
- The following payment types can be changed for you by our customer service in retrospect: Prepayment and cash on delivery.
- For security reasons, we are unfortunately unable to modify any other payment type.
- Should you need to make a change anyway, then we can cancel the current order for you, so that you can create a new order with the payment type of your choice. Please contact our customer service.
- Any payments received will then be refunded to you (see also When do I get my reimbursement in case of an order cancellation or return?).
Why doesn’t my credit card work?
Please note the following if you wish to pay by credit card:
- We recommend using a PC or laptop to place your order. Smartphones or tablet PCs may cause problems.
- Please use either “Google Chrome” or “Mozilla Firefox” as your browser.
- We only accept VISA, MASTERCARD and JCB.
- Your 3D Security code will be required to finalise the payment.
- We also offer other payment options. Please see How can I pay for my order? for more detailed information.
- Server problems may occur from time to time due to high traffic at the shop. Please try again later.
Why was my order rejected by PayPal?
- Please contact PayPal directly.
- Your order may have been rejected for a number of reasons, for example your account may not have sufficient funds available or there may have been an issue with your account information.
- Server problems may occur from time to time due to high traffic at the shop. Please try again later.
How does prepayment work?
- The payment option prepayment can only be selected if the ordered item is in stock.
- Once you have completed the order process, you will receive a separate email from us with account information for your payment.
- We will dispatch your order as soon as possible, once we have received your payment.
- Please note that each incoming payment is verified manually by us, which means it can take a couple of days for you to receive your confirmation email.
- Your shipment confirmation means that we have received your payment.
If you wish to use prepayment, but the item is currently not in stock, then we can offer the following:
- Select the payment option “Cash on delivery” and add a comment that you want to change the payment type to prepayment.
- We will then make the change for you manually and adjust the shipping costs accordingly.
When do I get my reimbursement in case of an order cancellation or return?
- Our bookkeeping department creates credit notes manually, which means that the process may take a few days.
- For the payment types PayPal, credit card and prepayment , reimbursements will be credited to the linked bank account.
- For the payment types Sofort online bank transfer and cash on delivery, the amount will be credited to the account you specify.
- We estimate a total processing time of around 14 business days.
Can I pay in my local currency?
- Yes, that can be done.
- You can set your country of origin at the top right.
- Our system will match your country setting with the correct currency.
- The final amount for your order will be displayed in the selected currency at the end of the order process. Your invoice will similarly reflect the converted amounts in your currency.
Can I get my order VAT-free?
- When you log in to our shop with your retailer account information, all product prices will be automatically displayed with their net prices (excl. VAT).
- Retailers in non-EU countries and those within the European Union with a valid EU tax ID will receive their orders VAT-free (the VAT rate depends on the relevant country).
Can I pay in my local currency?
- We can currently only offer foreign currency payments for Switzerland.
- You can change the currency displayed on our website, so you can get a better idea of our prices in the currency you are most familiar with – but: The final amount for your order will be displayed in Euro at the end of the order process.
- We are working on offering order payments in other currencies for other countries in the near future.
Do I automatically receive an FTA for deliveries to Korea?
- Yes. You will receive an invoice in which the FTA is stated.
Do I have to pay customs duties and if yes, how much?
- Orders originating from outside the EU may incur customs duties.
- The amount depends on a variety of factors like the destination country, the value of the goods and the weight of the shipment.
- Please contact your customs office, as we do not have that information.
Can I change details of my order after it was submitted?
- Please contact our customer service if you want to change the delivery address or if you chose either cash on delivery or prepayment as your payment option. Please contact our customer service if you want to change the delivery address.
- For insurance reasons, we will unfortunately not be able to make changes to payments via credit card, Sofort online bank transfer or PayPal, because these are linked directly to your bank account. If you would like to have your delivery sent to another address than the one listed in your account details, we can cancel the current order and you can create a new one with a different delivery address.
- Please notify our customer service if you want to do that – we will then cancel the current order for you. Any payment we have received from you for that cancelled order will be refunded.
- You will get your refund via the same payment method you selected during the order process. Your bank account details will not be transmitted to us if you chose Sofort online bank transfer. Please let us have your account details for the refund.
- Please note that if you chose credit card payment, then the amount was only as yet reserved on your card and no payment was made (see also When will my credit card be charged?).
Can I add an item to a current order?
- We can add any number of items to you order – but only if you selected cash on delivery or prepayment as your payment option. Please note that the shipping costs may have to be adjusted.
- We will only be able to make changes to an order paid via credit card, Sofort online bank transfer or PayPal if the total order value remains the same, because these payment types are linked directly to your bank account.
- Example: You would like to replace one item with another. The new item has the same price or costs less than the original item – we can then make the change for you.
We can alternatively cancel your current order for you if the new item costs more than the original one and you can simply create a completely new order. Any payment we have received from you for that cancelled order will be refunded. You will get your refund via the same payment method you selected during the order process. Your bank account details will not be transmitted to us if you chose Sofort online bank transfer. Please let us have your account details for the refund.
Please let us know if you would like to modify or cancel your order, because that can only be done by our customer service.
Please note that if you chose credit card payment, then the amount was only as yet reserved on your card and no payment was made (see also When will my credit card be charged?).
Can I exchange items?
- Returns will be subject to the express approval in writing by the company.
- A 10% processing fee will be charged for goods returns – under the presumption that the goods are undamaged and in their original packaging.
- A credit note will be issued for the retailer account, a reimbursement of monies will not be provided.
- The credit note can be redeemed with subsequent orders.
- Custom products are exempted from returns.
What do I do if I have a complaint?
- You can send the item back to us and we will lodge a complaint with the manufacturer for you.
- Please make sure to include the filled out returns slip complete with your reason for complaint and a copy of your invoice in the parcel with the returned item. The item must be clean.
- Where the complaint is a warranty issue, we will repair or replace right away, depending on the type and extent of the damage. In cases, where the damage inspection finds that the damage is not a warranty issue, we will refuse repairs or exchange for a new item.
- We have no influence over claims processing times of our manufacturers, which means that it may take some time until we receive a reply.
How long is the warranty period?
- The statutory warranty period is 2 years.
- Some manufacturers offer extended warranty beyond the legal requirements.
- Once the 2 years have elapsed, please contact the manufacturer directly with any claims.
What do I do if the parcel I receive is damaged?
- Please refuse the delivery and contact us right away of the issue.
- If you already accepted the delivery, you will have to notify the delivery service of the issue right away.
- You will have to report the damage in any case yourself first, before we can act on your behalf. Please send an email with details of the damage to Kontakt@fc-moto.de.
- With that information, we will be able to initiate an investigation request for you.
- We will notify you about how we will proceed in terms of compensation or the dispatch of new goods, once the investigation is completed.
What can I do if I receive a damaged or wrong item?
- Please send a photograph of the item by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case of a damaged item, please send a photograph that clearly depicts the damage.
- In case of an incorrect delivery, please also add a photograph of the barcode and the label on the item.
- We will get back to you as soon as we have verified the matter.
- Should the error be attributed to us, then we can offer you either a returns label or a free return of the incorrect item(s); in countries where that is not possible, we will refund the shipping costs.
- In the latter case, we will need a copy of the shipping invoice for the refund.
Will my credit card information be stored on your website?
- No. We never store credit card information.
- This information will only be used for your order process.
Will my personal information be forwarded to third parties?
- We use latest encryption procedures to optimally protect your personal information.
- Your personal information will be used for the processing of your order and to send you latest offers via email – provided you have agreed to receive such communication. As a general rule, your information will not be forwarded to third parties – exempted from this rule are our logistics partners, who will need your address in order to deliver your ordered goods.
- Your customer information will be stored and processed in compliance with the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Federal Teleservices Data Protection Act (TDDSG). You are entitled to information, correction, blocking and deletion of your saved data at any time.